Leeds College of Art - Sharpeye + L5
‘The Communication Package’
Fashion communication is the strategy in which a new or existing message or philosophy is delivered or visualised for a fashion, designer, brand or company. This variety of ideas and proposals ranging from; logos & moving image to journalism and event is often collated in a ‘Communication Package.’
A superb advocator of this is Sharpeye, whose blend of English eccentricity and cultured style continues to help form a blueprint for men's street fashion. When referring to his earlier work with Duffer, Barrie Sharpe says, “After us many companies followed suit - but at the time there was nothing similar”.
Taking primary inspiration from Barrie’s talk at LCA – How can you now maintain or even excel this established blueprint?
Throughout a minimum of 4 A3 Professional Communication Design Boards, you are asked to create a relevant ‘Communication Package’, consisting of ideas and proposals to promote a new Sharpeye product range whilst working within the fast pace of industry requirements.
• Your understanding of Sharpeye brand & its market placement
2. Logo & Packaging
• Create a logo for new Sharpeye product range
• Ideas for product packaging
3. Promotional Literature
• Proposed magazine & poster advertisements
• Ideas for photo-shoot, location content / models
• Press Release / written promotion
• Digital platforms & social media outlets
• Installation & moving image
• In-store product display / installation
• Promotional/media event idea for new product range launch