Friday 16 January 2015

Today I attended the funeral of an old friend. Not a close friend, but a dapper young man that I respected, a fine dancer and a legend in his own lifetime. One would have had to have seen this man dance to understand.  

His Soul-Brutha Foster George delivered a beautiful eulogy, which brought tears to many a grown man's eyes, me included. I was honored and humbled to have been mentioned in that eulogy, along with others that I well respect. My day was further blessed when asked to be one of the men to carry the coffin. 

It was great to catch up with people that I grew up with; also heartfelt to speak to many, that I had crossed dance floors with, for the first time. We had all shared memories and had many stories to exchange. 

Today I said goodbye for the final time to a man that I met on a dance floor when I was 14 years old… Goodbye Dennis Eldcock - Dream big…

No comments:

Post a Comment