Thursday 6 February 2014

The 3 Kings 1973 – I turned on the TV and by mistake switched to the Old Grey Whistle Test, it was really not my kind of music show, but within two seconds I was mesmerised by a heavy reggae tune “Stir It Up”, I was transfixed to the screen. There were these three extremely cool stylish guys with a militant vibe almost standing still but exuding so much energy that they were filling the room. Peter Tosh, Bunny Wailer, and Bob Marley, “The Wailers”. My second spiritual awakenment.

(Natty Dread 1974)
Drawn in felt pen for a school project. 
In 1978 I wrote on the back:
Without bloodshed there will be no pain
Without pain there will be no struggle
Without struggle there will be no conflict
Without conflict there will be no revolution  
Without revolution there will be no change
Without change there will be no progression
(Sharpeye - Right Here - Right Now)

No comments:

Post a Comment