Sunday 27 January 2013

Django Unchained


I do not like Quentin Tarantino movies; I find them unnecessarily violent & blood thirsty; I do not like gratuitous violence.

Last night I was invited to a home cinema for a private viewing of “Django Unchained”. It is possibly the best movie that I have ever seen, maybe only over shadowed by the “City Of God”; I was transfixed to the screen for approx 2hr.45mins.

The cinematography was stunning, lighting superb, colours sensational & the music deep; plus a great cast of brillent actors. It was violent, but I found it to be contextual to the subject matter & the period depicted.

There was something for everyone, romance, action, adventure, violence, racism, black power, empathy, injustice, justice, sadness & laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment