Saturday 4 August 2012

They’re Burning Me Down


Never once did what I was told
But my views are changing now I’m getting old
I’m starting to realize it’s a sin to believe your own lies
Sometimes the pressure gets too much
It ain’t easy trying to keep in touch
It’s too hard to comprehend
Where to start when you know it is the end

Been running since the age of 21
Messing with my mind just for fun
Sometimes you need a helping hand
To guide you when you don’t understand
Ain’t got no time for losers
Been hanging with drink and drug abusers
Don’t give a damn what you all think
What you’re preaching you know that it stinks

I ain’t never found religion
My heads messed up with strange kind of visions
I need a little help from a friend
Just to get my mind to transcend
I don’t dig smoking and drinking
Spend all my time sitting here and thinking
I’m heading for spiritual disaster
Because I know I’ll never find the answer

They’re burning me down
Burning me down
Down to the ground
They’re burning me down

They’re burning me down
Burning me down
I’m losing control
I don’t wanna be found

No comments:

Post a Comment